Zucchini Coffee Cake | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
We are in the middle of zucchini season and the garden has been generous! What better way to use these beautiful zucchini than to make this easy plant-based gluten-free zucchini coffee cake? Pair it with a warm cup of your favorite brew and you will be in coffee heaven.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
- WellBean – Our viewers save $5 OFF a variety pack with code: TryWellBean5
1 1/2 cups (120g) rolled oats
1 cup (120g) buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons coffee grounds
1 1/2 cups (375g) shredded and squeezed zucchini
1 3/4 cups (394g) pitted dates
1 1/2 cups (360ml) soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
1/2 cup (112g) pitted dates
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grind rolled oats lightly into a grainy flour.
- Add the oat flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and coffee grounds to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the shredded zucchini and stir until the zucchini is well coated.
- Add the dates, soy milk and vanilla to a blender and blend until the dates are pulverized.
- Pour into a 9″ x 9 ” parchment lined baking dish and smooth the top.
- Add the crumble ingredients to a blender and pulse until it is a crumble, not so far that it is a flour.
- Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 9 days.