Winter Holiday Saffron & Millet Salad — Green Kitchen Stories
2. Peel the roots and cut into chunks.
3. Place on a baking tray, covered with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil, cinnamon and salt and toss to mix.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until soft, golden and the edges are slightly crispy.
5. During the last couple of minutes add the pecan nuts to roast along the roots.
6. Meanwhile, place millet, water, stock and saffron in a pot and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let simmer for 8 minutes. Turn it off, place a lid on and let sit for about 10 minutes.
Place the cooked millet on a serving platter and let cool slightly.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and let cool slightly.
8. Stir together the dressing ingredients and pour over the roasted roots.
9. Cut the pink Castel Franco lettuce in half and gently fold into the millet.
8. Add the roasted roots and nuts.
9. Scatter with the chopped dill and mint and finally the pomegranate seeds. Serve!