Vegetable Stew | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Vegetable Stew is the perfect dish to enjoy on a cool winter evening. This filling Plant Based Vegan stew is loaded with veggies cooked in a rich comforting broth that will fill your home with its herby aroma.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Growing Spaces – Our viewers save 5% OFF your order!
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
1 large red onion, chopped
8 ounces (227g) mushrooms, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 medium sized Yukon Gold potatoes (700g)
4 carrots, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup (118 ml) red wine
1 liter low sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoons (28g) tomato paste
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon sage
1 bay leaf
1 rosemary sprig
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Sauté onions and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add red wine to deglaze pan and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the onion and mushroom mixture along with all of the remaining ingredients to a dutch oven or casserole dish with a lid, pressing the rosemary sprig lightly into the broth.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until potatoes and carrots are slightly soft.
- Remove lid and bake another 15 minutes.
*optional: If you would like a thicker broth, stir 2 tablespoons of cornstarch or arrowroot powder into 1/4 cup of water and stir it into the broth before baking.