Vegan Zucchini Breakfast Cookies | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Looking for another recipe to use up the excess zucchini from your garden? Here is a way to get that bountiful vegetable into your breakfast. Hearty and full nuts and berries, these Plant Based Vegan Breakfast Cookies will cover all your nutritional bases. You could also eat them as an afternoon snack or for a workout recovery pick me up.
1 cup organic rolled oats, ground into flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (already squeezed dry with a tea towel to get rid of most of the water)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup goji berries
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup diced apple
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
3 tablespoons flax meal
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (or plant milk of your choice)
1/2 cup dates
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix all ingredients except for the soy milk, dates and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the soy milk, dates and vanilla into a blender and blend until dates are pulverized.
- Pour into the mixture in the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spoon onto a parchment lined baking tray and smooth into 12 round cookies.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.