Vegan Parmesan Cheese | Food with Feeling
If you love parmesan cheese as much as I do (I am Italian after all) but you’re always looking for new ways to add more plant based recipes into your life, then you’re going to LOVE this Vegan Parmesan Cheese! It’s simple to make and easily customizable depending on your preferences.
Have you tried Vegan Parmesan cheese before? It’s really simple to make and a surprisingly delicious alternative to traditional parmesan.
I had a version of this recipe for the first time at a local vegan pizza shop. Theirs is almond based and seriously so good! You can buy it but it’s *rather* expensive. So, I figured that I would try making it at home. I first tried it with almonds but have since decided that I prefer it with cashews.
Ingredients for this Vegan Parmesan:
- Nuts or seeds: I almost always make this with cashews or almonds but I’ve also tried it with sunflower seeds and really liked it!
- Nutritional yeast: this is what gives it that deliciously cheesy taste
- Garlic powder: you could leave this out but it really helps give it a more authentic taste and adds a little extra flavor
Making this cheese alternative is SUPER simple. Just add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend, pulsing in small spurts, until fully combined. Try not to over blend it or you’ll end up with a cheesy tasting nut butter.
That’s it! Super easy, right?
I can’t wait for you to try this one because it’s GOOD! I left some suggestions at the bottom of the post for how to use it. HINT: you want to put a bunch of it on top of my vegan meatballs!
AND that’s how simple it is to make this vegan parmesan cheese recipe.
If you end up making it, PLEASE come back here and leave a review to let me know what you think! It would really mean a lot to me. Happy cheesing 🙂
Ways to use this Vegan Parm:
This is THE best vegan parmesan cheese that you will ever have! It’s simple to make and easily adaptable.
- 1 cup of cashews (almonds, walnuts, pecans, pinenuts, and sunflower seeds also work well)
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse in bursts until the nuts are broken down and the mixture resembles finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Taste and add a bit more salt as desired. I like mine a little saltier to mimic traditional parmesan cheese.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container at room temperature or in the fridge if you don’t plan to eat it all within a week.
- Category: cheese
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan cheese, vegan parmesan cheese, dairy free cheese