Vegan Fajitas | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Plant Based Vegan Fajitas are a good “go to” meal when you are pressed for time. They are very satisfying and lend themselves to so many different variations. You can use different mixtures of veggies every time you make them to keep it interesting and of course you can top them with your favorite hot sauce, salsa, guacamole, fresh jalapeños and even our delicious nacho cheese sauce! If you are pressed for time, you can use store bought corn tortillas or if you want a special treat you can make our homemade corn tortilla recipe to serve them on.
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin juice of one lime
2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
2 cups soy curls
1 red onion, cut in half and then sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Mix the vegetable broth, spices, lime juice and Braggs in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the soy curls and let them marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Sauté the onions and red bell pepper at a high temperature in a cast iron skillet until they are just lightly softened, adding a little bit of the both from the soy curls to keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Add the soy curls and all of the marinade and cook for a few minutes until all of the juice is absorbed.
- Serve with warmed corn tortillas, salsa and garnish of your choice.
- We like to add a bit of guacamole and our nacho cheese sauce.