Vegan “Chicken” Nuggets | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Are you looking for a healthy alternative to replace chicken nuggets? These Plant Based Vegan nuggets are baked, not fried, gluten free and are super delicious. This recipe is great for the kids or grandkids (and for the kid in all of us).
Dip them in one of our delicious sauces:
This episode is sponsored in part by:
Noochy Licious Nutritional Yeast: As a special discount for our viewers: Save Up to 55% OFF Your Order
14 ounces extra firm tofu, preferably high protein which tends to be more firm
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
sprinkle of nutmeg
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tsp tamari
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup rolled oats
- Add all of the spice mix ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Divide in half and set aside half of the mixture.
- Add the vegetable broth to one of the halves and stir.
- Drain and press moisture out of tofu with a clean tea towel.
- Cut the tofu into at least 2 slabs and then break into chunks of your preferred size for nuggets.
- Add the tofu chunks and the vegetable broth mixture to a container with a lid and marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Grind the breading ingredients into a flour.
- Pour this mixture into the other half of the spice mixture and stir.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Roll each tofu chunk into the spice and flour mixture and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve along side your favorite dipping sauce.
- Our favorite dipping sauces are honey mustard, BBQ, and ranch.