(as of Feb 23,2021 20:07:51 UTC – Details)
Plant-powered recipes to power you—perform better, recover faster, feel great!
A fast-growing global movement, No Meat Athlete (NMA) earns new fans every day by showing how everyone from weekend joggers to world-class competitors can become even healthier and fitter by eating whole plant foods.
Now The No Meat Athlete Cookbook—written by NMA founder Matt Frazier and longtime health coach, yoga teacher, and food writer Stepfanie Romine—showcases 125 delicious vegan recipes, many inspired by plant-based foods from around the world. Put nourishing, whole foods on the table quickly and affordably, with:
- Morning meals to power your day (Almond Butter–Banana Pancakes, Harissa Baked Tofu)
- Homemade sports drinks to fuel your workouts (Cucumber-Lime Electrolyte Drink, Switchel: The Original Sports Drink)
- Nutrient-packed mains to aid recovery (Naked Samosa Burgers, Almost Instant Ramen)
- Sweets that work for your body (Two-Minute Turtles, Mango Sticky Rice)
- Oil-free options for every recipe; gluten-free and soy-free options throughout
From the Publisher
125 Nutrient-packed meals to aid recovery
Every recipe in this vegan cookbook is designed to help you stay healthy and fit on a plant-based diet.
Sports drinks to help fuel your workouts
From homemade switchel drinks to Frozen Matcha Lattes, this book offers plenty of energy-infused beverages to maximize your workouts.
Oil-free options for every recipe
Pureed white beans, flavorful broths, and mushroom stock are just a few of the book’s delicious and healthier alternatives to oil.
Boost Your Mornings with Olive-Chickpea Waffles
Makes: 4 to 6 waffles/ Time: 10 min prep; 30 min cook
Soccas are Mediterranean flatbreads made with chickpea flour. They are quick to make and full of nutrition from the chickpeas.
1.Preheat a waffle iron, then combine the flour, rosemary, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the olives and sun-dried tomatoes, then whisk in the oil followed by the hot water. The batter should be thick but thoroughly combined.
2. Spread about ½ to ¾ cup (120 to 180 ml) batter onto the waffle iron, close the lid, and cook through, according to waffle iron directions, about 6 minutes.
3. Top with hummus and serve.
Substitute ½ cup (30 g) chopped flat-leaf parsley for the olives and fold in ¼ cup (40 g) chopped red onion.
2 cups (240 g) chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary or thyme
1 teaspoon GF baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
½ cup (90 g) pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
¼ cup (15 g) sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil (OF: omit)
1½ cups (360 ml) hot water
No Meat Athlete, founded by author Matt Frazier, is an already enormous and continuously growing movement. Offering recipes, resources, workout routines, and connecting members with other vegan athletes and activities, No Meat Athlete serves as a comprehensive guide to help you achieve weight loss, improve your energy levels for every-day activities, and optimize your athletic performance.
Join the movement!