(as of Mar 25,2021 21:02:46 UTC – Details)
Expanded and updated second edition of the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards, 2018, Vegan Category Winner.
Learn the craft of making authentic, delicious non-dairy cheese from acknowledged master plant-based cheesemaker Karen McAthy. Comprehensively updated and expanded, the second edition of the “plant-based cheesemaking bible” takes vegan cheesemaking to a new level.
Containing over 150 full color photos and enhanced step-by-step instructions, coverage and new information includes:
- Eight new cheesemaking recipes plus dozens more from beginner to pro
- New coverage of “mixed method” fast-firming cultured cheeses
- Going beyond nuts and seeds and using legumes for cheesemaking
- Dairy-free cultured butter, coconut milk yogurt, oat and cashew milk yogurt, and sour cream
- Growing plant-based cultures, including rejuvelac, sprouting, fermentation, kefir, and probiotic capsules
- Lactic acid fermentation and how to use it in cheesemaking
- Expanded coverage of flavors, aging, rind curing and smoking, and working with white and blue molds
- New recipe section for cooking with dairy-free cheeses including Coeur a la Creme, Buttermilk Fried Tempeh and more.
The Art of Plant-based Cheesemaking, Second Edition is a must-have for aspiring DIY non-dairy cheesemakers, vegans, and serious foodies alike. The texture, the sharpness, the taste; you will be proud to serve up your creations.