Sweet Potato Spice Cake | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Do you know what is more delicious than a piping hot baked sweet potato? Sweet potatoes in a cake! This rich, naturally sweetened cake has all the flavors of fall and is perfect for a mid afternoon treat or as a gorgeous holiday dessert.
This episode is sponsored in part by:
Noochy Licious Nutritional Yeast: As a special discount for our viewers: Save Up to 55% OFF Your Order
4 cups organic rolled oats
2 tablespoons flax meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger powder
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
2 cups mashed, cooked sweet potato
2 cups pitted dates
2 1/4 cups unsweetened soy milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grind oats into a flour in the blender.
- Add to a large mixing bowl along with the flax meal, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, ginger and allspice and mix well.
- Add the blackstrap molasses, sweet potato, dates, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla to a blender and blend until dates are pulverized.
- Pour mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a silicone bundt pan or lightly greased bundt cake pan and smooth the top with the mixing spoon.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until you poke with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Place cake on a cooling rack, still in pan for 10 minutes.
- Gently ease out of the pan onto a cake tray or plate.
- Let cool completely.
- Add all drizzle ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Drizzle over the cake.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.