(as of Feb 17,2021 13:12:17 UTC – Details)
Smoothies and juices are a delicious and easy way to add more fruit and vegetables into your diet and satisfy cravings between meals. Organized by principal health benefit—gut health, heart health, silky skin, post-workout recovery, and reducing inflammation—every recipe includes a detailed explanation about why it’s so good for you. Plus, nutrient-rich ingredients include whole fruits and vegetables like avocados, berries, and kale; fresh herbs like mint, basil, and cilantro; as well as healthy add-ins like collagen peptides, bone broth, celery juice, alternative milks, chia seeds, flax seeds, and hemp seeds, apple cider vinegar, filling proteins like nut butter and protein powders, and prebiotics and probiotics to support your microbiome.
Smoothies & Juices: Prevention Healing Kitchen includes:
· 100+ healthy and delicious recipes such as Carrot-Coconut Smoothie, Pear-Almond Smoothie, Peaches ‘N’ Cream Oatmeal Smoothie, Citrus-Pineapple Smoothie, Pumpkin Detox Smoothie, Berry, Chia, and Mint Smoothie, Turmeric Twist, Celery Juice, Banana-Avocado Zinger, Blueberry Cobbler Smoothie Bowl, and more!
· No additional equipment needed! All juices as well as smoothies can be made in your blender
· Tips and tricks from the test kitchen for easy preparation
· Recipes clearly labeled as high in fiber, protein, and calcium, as well as vegan and good for meals on-the-go
· Nutritional values for every recipe
· Lie-flat binding for easy use
So power up your blenders! A healthier way of eating is only one tasty smoothie away.
From the Publisher
Super Smoothie Strategies
Discover tricks and tips for prepping your smoothies to get you energized and out the door in a flash!
Get Up & Glow
Find which foods help improve your skin’s appearance and can even help fight the effects of aging.
Boost Your Belly
Learn about prebiotics and probiotics and how to work them into delicious smoothies and smoothie bowls that are good for your gut.
Whether you’re looking for a pre-run energy boost or a post-yoga recharge, you’ll find delicious, power-packed smoothies and bowls to keep your body nourished and feeling strong.
Take Care of Your Heart
Your most important muscle needs a lot of TLC. These recipes help keep your blood pumping and protect your heart.
Turn down your inflammatory response and turn up the flavor with antioxidant-loaded ingredients like berries, chia seeds, and veggies.
Pro Tips from Prevention and Frances Largeman-Roth, RDN
Learn how different foods affect your body and master how to super-charge your smoothie for optimal results.