points - Details)
Superfoods for super soups―complete nutrition in a bowl
Spoon more health into your everyday diet with 75 flavorful soups simmering with leafy greens, nuts, berries, and other superfoods you can find at your local supermarket. These vibrant and nutritious recipes are simple to put together and make it easy to get full servings of fruits and veggies.
Learn to make 8 different superfood soup bases and how to mix them with endless combinations of superfoods and seasoning to create wholesome meals that your whole family will love.
Serving soups made with superfoods is a snap, thanks to:
- Variety, the spice of life―Stir up everything from simple broth to hearty chili, with options that are vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
- The stars of the show―The health benefits of each superfood ingredient take center stage in every recipe.
- A superpowered pantry―Go beyond just produce with tips for stocking up on the superfoods found in dry ingredients, oils, herbs, spices, and even canned goods.
Slurp up all the nourishing benefits of superfoods in these delicious, homemade soups.
From the Publisher
SAMPLE SOUP: Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho
Watermelon deserves more superfood credit than it gets. It contains a powerful compound called citrulline, which can improve blood flow.
1. In a blender, combine the watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, chile, red onion, vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt. Pulse a few times until mostly smooth.
2. Divide into serving bowls immediately, or chill in the blender for 30 minutes and blend for 1 second to mix before serving.
Tip: For even more citrulline, choose yellow watermelon, which has four times the amount of the phytochemical than red varieties.
Per Serving (1 cup): Total calories: 77; Total fat: 4g; Saturated fat: 1g; Carbohydrates: 11g; Sodium: 10mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 1g
4 Cups Cubed Watermelon
4 Cups Diced + Cored Tomatoes
1 Cucumber, Peeled and Diced
1 Serrano Chile
Half of a Small Red Onion, Diced
2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil