Sesame Tofu & Broccoli | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
This Sesame Tofu & Broccoli is a quick and easy dish centered around the nutritional powerhouse that is broccoli. The tangy sauce has just a hint of sweetness that is balanced by the rich flavor of the toasted sesame seeds.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
- WellBean – Our viewers save $5 OFF a variety pack with code: TryWellBean5
1/2 cup (112g) pitted dates
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup (35g) toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon low sodium tamari
2 teaspoons dark miso
1 1/2 cups (354ml) water
14 ounces (396g) extra firm tofu
5 cups (350g) broccoli florets
red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400° (204°C).
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until dates are completely pulverized.
- Cut tofu into bite sized cubes.
- Place the tofu into a bowl and pour about half a cup of the sauce over them.
- Stir to coat the tofu cubes.
- Place cubes onto a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Steam the broccoli in a pan by adding a cup of water to the pan and cooking on medium high, with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Drain remaining liquid off of the broccoli.
- Add the tofu to the pan with the broccoli and pour the remaining sauce on top.
- Cook for a few minutes until the sauce slightly thickens.
- optional: if you would like a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of arrowroot or corn starch to a couple tablespoons of water and stir into the sauce while still on the heat.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Serve over rice.