Pumpkin Sugar Cookies (Vegan) – Food with Feeling
These Pumpkin Shaped Sugar Cookies are perfect for celebrating the holidays, even if you aren’t really into pumpkin flavored desserts! They’re super simple to make and just so happen to be completely vegan!
A few years ago, I posted this simple vegan sugar cookie recipe and I love it SO MUCH! It’s seriously one of my favorite baked goods on the blog. Since then, I’ve found every excuse possible to use the recipe.
So today, we’re turning it into these CUTE PUMPKIN COOKIES!
The nice thing, if you’re not much of a pumpkin fan, is that these aren’t actually pumpkin flavored at all. Just Pumpkin SHAPED 🙂 So, they’re perfect if you want to celebrate the holidays without actually adding any pumpkin to the recipe.
The dough for the cookies comes together all in a stand mixer and requires VERY LITTLE chill time- which I love them for. I’m all about fancy BUT SUPER EASY baked goods.
That’s definitely what these cookies are.
The icing is a version of my vegan buttercream but with some maple syrup and cinnamon added into the mix for a nice, subtle holiday flavoring!
It’s also really easy to make! I love the Country Crock plant butter when making vegan buttercream but whatever you have on hand will work well- I just suggest avoiding the vegan butters that are overly salty.
As usual, PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you end up making this recipe (or any of my recipes!). I love when you tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling!
These Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are simple to make, fully vegan, and perfect for the holidays!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the softened vegan butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or using an electric handheld mixer for 2 minutes or until it comes together. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat again for another minute, until light and fluffy. Add in the almond milk and extracts and mix until combined.
- Slowly combine the dry with the wet and beat until a dough has formed – about 2-3 minutes of mixing. Do not over mix – once the dough comes together, it’s ready.
- Move the dough to a floured surface. Roll the dough out to ¼ inch in thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your cookies and carefully transfer them to a parchment lined cookie sheet, 1 inch between each cookie. Continue to re-roll the dough and cut out cookies until you have used all the dough.
- Place the sheet in the fridge for 10 minutes. This step is crucial for the cookies to maintain their shape or design. Bake straight from the fridge for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges. Remove and allow to cool.
- To make the icing: in the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the butter on high speed until creamy and lighter in color, about 1 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and milk. Beat on medium high until fluffy, stopping to scrap down the sides of the bowl once or twice as needed.
- Frost the cookies and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan sugar cookies, vegan pumpkin cookies, pumpkin shaped cookies