Pride Cookies – Food with Feeling
Celebrate Pride with these VEGAN Pride Flag Sugar Cookies! They’re simple to make and so fun! Make a big batch and spread the love with everyone 🥰🏳️🌈
HAPPY PRIDE!! Every single year I promise myself that I’m going to make a fun pride recipe and I always forget until the end of the month.
BUT NOT THIS YEAR! I’m celebrating pride big this year and I really love how these cookies turned out.
PLUS they’re vegan!
I used my FAMOUS Vegan Sugar Cookie recipe (I’m seriously obsessed with that recipe) and simple doubled it + added the food coloring.
I got the idea for these cookies from Pinterest from Hungry Rabbit. I simply veganized it 🙂
My cookies most certainly didn’t turn out absolutely perfect but I still REALLY really love them 🥰🌈
I’m going to keep this blog post VERY SHORT AND SWEET! I know you prefer it that way 🙂
I also have a simple video showing how I made these, rolled them out, etc. I hope you find that helpful!
I teased these cookies on my Instagram and so many people thought that it was playdoh haha! Cookies are way better but that would have been fun.
Happy Pride Month dear friends! Spread some love and make these pride cookies!
These VEGAN Pride Cookies are simple to make and everyone loves them!! Make a batch for someone you LOVE 🙂
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the softened vegan butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or using an electric handheld mixer for 2 minutes or until it comes together. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat again for another minute, until light and fluffy. Add in the plant based milk and extracts and mix until combined.
- Slowly combine the dry with the wet and beat until a dough has formed – about 2-3 minutes of mixing.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts (I find a kitchen scale very helpful for this). Add food coloring to get 6 different colors of dough (I used purple, blue, green, yellow, and red + a mix of yellow and red to get the orange). For a classic pride flag you want, in this order, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red.
- On a lightly flour surface, roll out each color of dough (I find this easiest to do by placing the dough between 2 large sheets of parchment paper) into a rectangle that’s roughly 10 x 7 inches and a little under 1/4 inch thick. Stack the sheets of dough on top of each other with parchment paper in between each color and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stack the sheets of dough on top of one another, doing your best to line the edges up. Stack in this order: purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red. Place a piece of parchment on top and gently the top with a rolling pin. This helps seal all of the colors together.
- Cut off the edges so that you have a perfect rectangle. Cut the rectangle in half, long ways, so that you have 2 long rectangles. Slice the cookies into pieces about 1/3 of an inch thick. Place the cookies on a prepared baking sheet with 2 inches in between each. Place in the fridge for 10 more minutes.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the bottoms are JUST BARELY beginning to brown. They’ll puff up just a little. Let cool and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan cookies, vegan pride cookies, pride cookies