Potato & Leek Quiche | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
This Potato & Leek Quiche is a comforting dish that is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Made with hearty potatoes and leeks cooked inside of a luscious cream sauce all nestled in a rich “buttery” crust.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsor:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
1 cup (80g) rolled oats
1/2 cup (60g) almond flour
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 cup (59ml) water
4 leeks (240g), cleaned and chopped
2 russet potatoes (400g) diced
1 cup (236ml) low sodium vegetable broth
1 small onion, diced
7 ounces (198g) extra firm tofu
1 teaspoon white miso
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup (15g) nutritional yeast
1/4 cup (59ml) low sodium vegetable broth
pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C).
- Stir crust ingredients together adding the water gradually until mixture sticks together. Form it into a ball. You might need to add a tablespoon or two more of water to get mixture to stick together.
- Roll ball out between 2 sheets of parchment paper with a rolling pin until large enough to place into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Press into the pie plate about 2/3 of the way up the sides and pinch a decorative edge into the top rim of the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add the filling ingredients to a pan and cover with lid. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost soft.
- Add the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix the sauce and the potato and leek mixture together.
- Pour over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.