Orange, Date & Avocado Salad + Big Love April – Green Kitchen Stories
BIG LOVE APRIL
– When Covid hit Denmark, restaurant Noma had to temporary close but one silver lining is that the Noma crew instead opened up outdoor burger restaurant Popl and their Vegetarian Burger is made with fermented quinoa and it looks amazing. We can’t wait to visit!
– Every recipe in Hetty McKinnon’s new book To Asia With Love looks so good. Count me in for all the simple noodle dishes!
– Luise and I participated in the second episode of the Coming Clean Project Podcast with Oliver Amdrup-Chamby from Puori and Jackie Bowen from Clean Label Project, where we talked about transitioning to a plant based diet and learned lots about toxins in food. Find it in your podcast player.
– Iconic chef David Chang cooks salmon in his microwave and the comment section goes bananas. Hilarious to read.
– For anyone interested in working in social media I can highly recommend subscribing to Rachel Karten’s newsletter “Link in Bio”. She was previously head of social media at Bon Appétit Magazine and her interviews are stellar! She also lists social media job openings.
– Luise did an interview (in Danish) with To The Moon Honey about life as parents, starting midwife school and our Puori supplements.
– Heidi Swanson is one of the first food blogs we read and all her books are gorgeous with that signature California vibe. We have ordered her new book Super Natural Simple and can’t wait until it arrives.
– Fun news! We are working on an entirely new edition of our Vegetable Tattoos together with illustrator Penelope Dullaghan and the sketches so far are looking ace! They will be available this summer.
– On final book that we want to recommend is Julia Turshen’s new book Simply Julia. It is smart, creative, simple and has a very balanced take on health.
– If you are wondering what to cook over the Easter holiday here are a few tips:
Soups: Asparagus & Spinach Soup or Carrot, Tomato & Coconut Soup
Salads: Grilled Asparagus and Creamy Lemon Quinoa or Spring Celebration Salad
Pies: Perfect Picnic Pie or Beet & Greens Tart
Chocolate: Chocolate Tahini Cups or this Banana, Almond & Chocolate Cake
Moving on to this this salad. I cooked this as a Lunch Therapy cookalong on instagram the other day and it is as beautiful as it is simple. We have practically been living on citrus fruits this winter, both as snacks but also in lunch and dinner salads. If you haven’t tried citrus salads, they taste amazing combined with bitter greens, baked feta cheese or – as in this recipe – with olive oil, creamy avocado, crunchy hazelnuts, sweet dates and some bread to soak up the leftover juices. Check out the links and enjoy the weekend!