Magic Cookie Bars | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Magic cookie bars are an old fashioned classic recipe that we have recreated into a healthy sugar-free plant-based dessert. Layers of coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips make them magically delicious. We also pay tribute to Mister Rogers today to celebrate his upcoming birthday on March 20th.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
- WellBean – Our viewers save $5 OFF a variety pack with code: TryWellBean5
1 cup (120g) almond flour
1 cup (80g) rolled oats, ground into a flour
1/2 cup (112g) pitted dates
1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
1/3 cup (26g) rolled oats
1/3 cup (75g) pitted dates
1 cup (236ml) water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (47g) shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup (85g) vegan chocolate chips
1 cup (150g) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Blend crust ingredients in a blender or food processor until mixture almost sticks together when pressed together.
- Press crust into the bottom of a parchment lined 9″ x 9″ brownie pan.
- Blend the filling ingredients in a blender until dates are completely pulverized.
- Pour filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle the toppings one at a time over the filling and lightly press the toppings down with a fork so that a little of the filling comes through.
- Bake for 35 minutes.