Lemon Chia Madeleine Cookies | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Lemon Chia Madeline Cookies are fluffy little tea cookies that are light and refreshing and great for dipping as an afternoon pick me up snack. Chia seeds give these little cookies a nice crunchiness and are a great way to get in your Omega 3 fatty acids for the day.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsor:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
1/2 cup (56g) coconut flour
1/2 cup (40g) oat flour
1/2 cup (48g) almond flour
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 cup (240ml) unsweetened soy milk or plant milk of your choice
3/4 cup (168g) pitted dates
1/2 cup (118ml) lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the coconut flour, oat flour, almond flour, chia seeds, baking powder, turmeric and lemon zest to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the soy milk, and dates to a blender and blend until the dates are completely pulverized.
- Pour mixture into the flour mixture along with the lemon juice and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Spoon into silicone Madeline tray. *
- Place Madeline tray onto an oven safe cooling rack and place in the oven for at least 25 minutes.
- Take tray out of oven and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before popping cookies out of form.
- Keep in and airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
*note: if you don’t have a Madeline tray, you can spoon batter onto a parchment baking tray.