Iced Caramel Latte – Food with Feeling
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cool down with this creamy, cold Iced Caramel Latte! It is a refreshing, sweet way to get your daily cup of coffee and easier than you would think to whip up at home. You’re going to want to sip on this drink all summer long!
There is truly nothing better than a cold coffee drink sitting next to me during the summertime! It’s the perfect way to cool off and you get the added bonus of a caffeine boost to keep the energy going.
And I have been known to visit our local coffee shop on the regular. This girl LOVES coffee!
When I stopped to think how much money I was spending, I figured it was time for me to get my barista on. After a bit of experimenting, I have managed to make an amazing iced caramel latte recipe! The best part is that you only need some basic ingredients and about five minutes!
Why I love this recipe!
- Quick + easy – This coffee drink is ready in five minutes! That is way less time than heading to your favorite coffee shop!
- Minimal ingredients – You only need 5 simple ingredients. Most shelf stable for weeks.
- Hot or cold – This recipe can easily be enjoyed both hot or cold! For a hot caramel latte, you’ll steam and froth a hot milk mixture. Grab that full recipe, HERE!
- Saves money – Sure, Starbucks Iced Caramel Lattes are good, but they’re also pricey. Make thIS right at home and I bet your bank account will be thanking you!
- Espresso or strong coffee. Either work, but I like using espresso for a stronger coffee flavor.
- Brown sugar. A small amount of brown sugar is used as the sweetener to give the lattes an incredible rich taste.
- Caramel sauce. Homemade caramel sauce is very easy to make and it’s SO much tastier than store-bought options, but feel free to use any caramel you have available.
- Vanilla extract. To bring out the sweet flavors.
- Milk. Use whatever type of milk you like best. To keep this recipe dairy free, try barista grade oat milk!
This drink is so simple to make and you don’t need any specialty tools or machine. Here’s how to make an iced caramel latte, but reference the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the printable recipe.
- Prep. For an extra fancy touch, drizzle caramel sauce along the inside of your serving glass, fill with ice and set aside.
- Make drink. In a separate large cup, combine the hot coffee, brown sugar, and caramel and whisk continuously until the sugar and caramel are fully dissolved. Pour the coffee mixture into the glass with the ice.
- Serve. Top with the milk and stir to combine. Top with optional whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. ENJOY!
Frequently asked questions
What is an iced latte?
A latte is espresso or strong brewed coffee that is served over ice, mixed with cream or milk, and then sweetened with either syrup or sugar. The difference between an iced latte and an iced coffee is that iced coffee uses brewed coffee and optional milk, and because traditionally an iced latte uses espresso, it has a stronger, darker flavor.
Will this drink taste the same using strong coffee?
Feel free to use a strong cup of brewed coffee, or even cold brew, in place of the espresso in this recipe. The end result will be delicious, however it may not have as bold of a coffee flavor.
Can I make this latte vegan and dairy free?
It’s easy to keep this caramel coffee vegan and dairy free. Use a barista grade oat milk or any plant based milk and my homemade caramel sauce. If you’d like to add the whipped cream topping, be sure to use almond whipped cream or coconut whipped cream.
Can I make an iced latte ahead of time?
Yes! You can combine the coffee, brown sugar and caramel, and chill it for later.
I hope you enjoy this caramel latte recipe! As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and let me know how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
Cool down with this sweet Iced Caramel Latte! It is a refreshing way to get your daily cup of coffee and easier than you would think to whip up at home.
- Optional: drizzle caramel sauce along the inside of your serving cup, fill with ice and set aside.
- In a separate large cup, combine the hot coffee, brown sugar, and caramel and whisk continuously until the sugar and caramel are fully dissolved. Pour the coffee mixture into the serving glass with the ice.
- Top with the milk and stir to combine. Top with optional whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. ENJOY!
Milk – you can use whatever kind of milk you desire. Barista grade oat milk is a great dairy free option.
Sugar – you can add a little more or a little less sugar depending on how sweet you like your lattes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel latte, iced caramel latte, caramel coffee