Farro Mushroom Risotto | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Follow along as I show you how to cook the perfect plant-based Farro Mushroom Risotto recipe. This creamy, comforting dish replaces the usual rice with the nutritional powerhouses of farro and cabbage and brings the earthy flavor of mushrooms to level up this perfectly healthy meal.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsor:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
1 medium onion, diced
8 ounces (226g) mushrooms, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups (708ml) low sodium vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups (240g) farro
3 cups (135g) chopped cabbage
1/4 cup (15g) nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons low sodium tamari
3/4 cup (180ml) coconut milk (canned)
3/4 cup (180ml) unsweetened soy milk
Juice from half a lemon
- Sauté the onions with a couple tablespoons of the vegetable broth to keep them from sticking.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook until all of the moisture is cooked out of the mushrooms.
- Add the farro to the pan and dry fry them for a few minutes.
- Next add the cabbage and about half of the vegetable broth. Cover and let cook until all of the liquid is absorbed (between 5-10 minutes).
- Add the remaining vegetable broth, cover and cook until add of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the nutritional yeast, coconut milk, tamari and soy milk, cover and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed again.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.