Buckwheat Bread | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Buckwheat Bread is a delicious way to enjoy a super healthy gluten-free bread. Even though buckwheat has the name wheat in it , it is actually not in the wheat family. Buckwheat is full of fiber, vitamins and minerals which makes it even more robust than wheat bread and has a slightly nutty flavor. The texture of the the bead is soft and spongy and individual slices hold together well which makes it great for sandwiches.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Growing Spaces – Our viewers save 5% OFF your order!
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
2 cups (240g) buckwheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups (472 ml) soy milk
1/4 cup (39g) raisins
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking powder and soda to a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add half of the soy milk, raisins, apple cider vinegar and Braggs liquid aminos to a blender and blend until the raisins are pulverized.
- Pour into the flour mixture along with the remaining soy milk and mix well.
- Pour into a silicone bread pan or parchment lined bread pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.