Bombay Potatoes | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Looking for a way to jazz up those potatoes? This Plant Based Vegan Bombay Potato recipe packs a powerful punch when it comes to flavor. Cubes of soft earthy potatoes swimming in an Indian spiced tomato sauce is exactly what these cool fall evenings call for.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
WellBean – Our viewers save $5 OFF a variety pack with code: TryWellBean5
5 medium Yukon gold potatoes (680g)
2 onions, one diced and one quartered
3 cloves garlic, minced
14 ounces (396 g) diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup (236 ml) water
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons tamari
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Sauté the diced onion.
- Blend together the quartered onion, garlic, diced tomatoes and tomato paste and water.
- Pour into the sautéd onions along with the cubed potatoes and stir well.
- Cover and cook on medium high heat for at least 15 minutes or until the potatoes are almost soft.
- Add the lemon juice and spices except for the garam masala and cook uncovered for another 10 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Stir in the tamari and garam masala and let cook for a couple minutes.