Black Bean Burgers | The Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show
Sometimes you just need a big hearty burger and this Plant Based Black Bean Burger is the one to satisfy that craving. Packed with flavor, hearty enough for even the most robust appetites and perfect for batch cooking and freezing. This recipe is proof there is nothing Impossible about making a delicious plant based burger.
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsor:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
1 onion, diced
14 ounce (396g) can black beans
2 tablespoons salsa
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons flax meal
1 1/2 tablespoons psyllium powder
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup (40g) oat flour
2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Sauté onions until lightly browned.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until mixed well.
- Form into 4 paddies.
- Place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Flip and bake for another 10 minutes.